Second drink driving in months

Convicted Driver Insurance

JamalHawke

Hello, I need necessarily help and advice especially as I do. This past January, I was on trial for driving under the influence of alcohol and was given my driving ban plus a fine. It was my first offense. The last time I suffered from depression due to prolonged separation from family and because of my illness and its related insomnia. I often used alcohol and this Saturday I was again caught by police while driving under the influence of alcohol and also in the continuing ban on the procedure. I know it's pretty bad, and not for an apology. I am absolutely devastated mentally and most kills me the fact that they threaten me with jail. Necessarily I need advice on what I do or what would help me to avoid prison. My family depends on me and on my financial aid. Grandmother had a heart attack on Saturday and it is another thing because I drank so much and suffered from depression. Very very seriously and ask you for any advice. Thank you very much and I am writing to you as professionals with long experience ..

I will need some more information if I am to give clear advice about the likelihood of a custodial sentence being imposed. Please could you confirm the following points?

- Your breath alcohol reading in January and how long you were disqualified for
- Were you offered the drink drive rehabilitation course and have you attended this
- Your breath alcohol reading when you were stopped on Saturday

If you are looking for legal representation at your upcoming hearing then you have two options. You can contact a local solicitors firm and make enquiries to see if you would be eligible for legal aid. If so they should be able to represent you at the hearing. If you do not qualify for legal aid or would like to use a non-local firm then you can look to instruct someone privately.

If this is something that you would like to discuss further you are welcome to contact my department on 0333 999 7158.

My breath in January was 86 and this saturday it was 64. I was offered rehabilitation course but i dont did that. I was banned for 18 months so it is still 14 months actually. My other problem is, because last time duty solicitor was really professional so if cant find Legal aid, do you think i have a chance to avoid prison with duty solicitor? Which i going to see at day of the court? I will be prepared with small amount of mitigation as my depression and family matters etc. Thank you J.

It I not a certainty that you will go to prison, however the Court will certainly consider this as an option. If you cannot get legal aid for the offence then the duty solicitor would certainly be an option. If this is the route that you are going down then I would advise getting as much information as possible about your mitigation and how your depression is currently affecting you. You should also gather some information about how a custodial sentence would impact you and whether this would make your depression worse.

Thank you again for advice. I found some support finally and i am trying to get legal aid. ONe more thing actually worries me. I dont think about prison sentence but if court decide to give me a community service as a punishment do you think there is chance for some big fine as well? Because solicitor can possibly cost me a lot and if there could be big fine.... Thank you again

Legal aid means that you would not have to pay for your legal costs so Solicitor's fees would not be an issue. You will only have to pay for a solicitor if you instruct someone privately.

If the Court choose to impose a community order they will not impose a fine as well, it is one or the other. You will however still have to pay the victim surcharge and the prosecution costs. I would not expect this to amount to more than £200 in total.

Well, to summarize information. My Mitigation is: I suffer from occasional depression because of that I miss my family a long time since I myself abroad and feels lonely. I take antidepressants light. On the day of the accident I felt especially following bad as I got the news that my grandmother had a heart attack and is in the hospital makes me feel worse.
: Another point that immediately after release here at the station asked for advice and help with depression and co-operation now a mental health assistant recommended by police. And I began to attend meetings about issues Alcohol.
: He also since the first time at the station said they feel guilty.

Now I wonder if the things given and the defense can get a lighter sentence than the prison sentence and upon consultation of the duty solicitor? Still interested me, and especially if I'm on all three charges tried together or separately'll be getting the punishment? I Mean Drink driving, driving Whilst banned and driving without insurance? Thank you again very much for your help.

Yes the Court will have the option to consider your mitigation and decide whether or not to impose a custodial sentence. They may decide to give you a community order instead, however this will be for the Magistrates to decide at Court.

The Court will hear all 3 offences at the same time and you will normally be given one sentence for all 3 offences. The Court would not sentence you to 2 community orders for example.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off