Will my driving licence show my drink/driving conviction when it is returned?

Convicted Driver Insurance

emilypip

I was banned for 5 years for a drink driving offence. This is due to end in June 2015. When my driving licence is returned to me will it show this conviction? Prior to this my licence was clean, not even a speeding ticket. Thank you

Your conviction will be classed as spent after a period of 5 years, however the offence itself will remain on your licence for 11 years in case any similar offences are committed in that time frame.

Sean Joyce, Thank you so much for your reply. I have sinced moved (4 years ago) from the U.K. to Switzerland and have not driven due to this 5 year ban (one moment of madness in an otherwise pretty good life!). To enable me to get a Swiss driving licence in June 2015 I will need to give my U.K. licence which will then be returned back to the DVLA when a Swiss licence is issued!. Apparently, without a U.K. address my licence will not be given back to me. Is this correct? If so how can I get a driving licence (U.K. / Swiss / International?) My father still lives in the U.K. and I visit him on a regular basis. Could my licence be sent to his address for me to collect when it is returned in June 2015?. Thank you for your kind advice.

You have been disqualified from holding or obtaining a driving licence in the uk. There is nothing in this disqualification which prohibits you from passing your test in a foreign country and driving there. However you are correct in saying that the DVLA will not issue a licence to you if you are not residing in the UK. The best option would therefore be to try and pass your test in Switzerland as this could result in you being able to drive there before the end of your disqualification. How the Swiss system would work in this instance I cannot say.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off