Dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Wantmyrideback

Hi I'm due to take my medical, I've received my letter informing me of doctor I should see but im worried as I have to go within 6weeks.. I have just got back from a trip to Amsterdam about 2 weeks ago and had a few crazy nights weed/alcohol.. Will I be tested for cannabis , what would happen if I tested positive , can they withhold my license for cannabis even though I've smoked it legally and haven't been done for DUI ..I've heard it takes up to 2months to clear your system if anyone can shed some light would be great thanks

The CDT test is mainly focused on your alcohol consumption and whether there has been any prolonged periods of drinking, if it has just been a heavy week whilst on holiday this should not unduly alter the results. Again the DVLA are concerned about persistent use of cannabis, "Persistent use of or dependence on these substances, confirmed by medical enquiry, will lead to licence refusal or revocation until a minimum six month period free of such use has been attained." Therefore unless you have persistenly misused it the DVLA should not be looking to refuse your licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off