DVLA drink drive medical question

Convicted Driver Insurance

Martin1972

UK DVLA QUESTION : I am classed as a high risk offender after failing to provide a specimen of breath , i therefore have to undergo a DVLA medical ,i made an application 10/03/2014 for my licence back as i am able to drive 14/05/2014 ,i rang the DVLA to ask when i would be sent information regarding medical they told me i was able to drive before i had medical , my question is at what point will the DVLA make me take this medical as have been told they can take upto another year to do this .

I would be very surprised if it takes the DVLA a year to organise your medical, however I cannot give any any specific time frame as to how quickly they will actually deal with your medical. They will need to process your file and arrange for you to meet with one of their approved doctors, they should be in contact with you directly to arrange this. If you haven't heard anything after a month then give them a call to chase it up so that you know it is still being dealt with.

Thank you for your reply ,will take your advise and wait for the DVLA to be in contact many thanks for your time .:)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off