Got a court date for drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

chris1990

Hello, I have got to appear in court in April as I have been charged with drink driving. I was in a multi storey carpark and drove up a couple of floors before I realised that it was not a good idea to drive as I had been drinking. I parked my vehicle and rang for a taxi. I was actually in the back of the taxi when the police arrived (they saw me drive in the carpark on cctv) and breathalised me. I was over the limit so arrested and taken to the police station. I need to know how I get a duty solicitor as I cannot afford to pay for representation. Also what do you think will be the outcome at court as I will lose my job if I lose my licence. I will then also be homeless. I appreciate it is my own fault but ultimately I acted rationally by deciding not to drive and get a taxi. Thank you

Chris,

Thank you for your post.

The duty solicitor will be available when you attend court in April; simply enquire at the front desk when you arrive and they will be able to advise further as to what happens from thereon in.

A conviction for drink driving carries a statutory minimum disqualification of 12 months. Any ban imposed can be reduced by up to 25% if you are certified by the Sheriff as suitable for the drink driver rehabilitation scheme, so the very shortest time you can spend off the road is 9 months.

You should speak with your solicitor and discuss your options.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off