Blew 45, didnt think two glasses of wine would exceed the limit

Convicted Driver Insurance

Joumed

Saturday night i was stopped by the police for drink driving. I blew 45. I was with a friend somewhere and the plan was to spend night there. So we had 2 glasses of wine and we were about to look for a place to spend the night but then we saw a crowd of loud guys heading our way, we panicked and decided to go home straight away. I didn't think that 2 glasses of wine can get over limit. I was not speeding. No accident. Full cooperation with the police. Also my driving license isn't british since i am not. No criminal background whatsoever. The thing is banning me from driving will affect my situation because i live alone and i need a car to gain and not miss my things and my job. I also fly often to my home country to look after my parents needs.

I wonder what will my sentence be?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the circumstances of your offence, the only way of avoiding a disqualification for driving with excess alcohol would be to successfully defend the matter. Given your description of events the only way of challenging the allegation would be on the basis of a procedural error on the part of the police or an issue with the reliability of the device.

In the event that you plead guilty or are convicted after trial you will be liable for a ban of between 12 and 16 months together with a fine. You may also be offered the opportunity of completing the drink driving rehabilitation course. If that course is successfully completed then this can reduce any penalty by up to 25%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off