Appeal for licence after 2 out of 3 year DR10

Convicted Driver Insurance

wes9358

I was convicted on the 8th July 2015, given a 36 month ban and a DR10 on my licence. I am now desperate to try and get my licence back!

There are quite a few valid circumstances not just me wanting it back. I am a mechanic, I have been in the motor trade for 21 years and am currently a self employed mobile mechanic so obviously when I was banned this dramatically effected my livelihood. I have also been diagnosed with severe polyarticular gout which has been affecting my joints for many years gradually restricting movement, ability to walk and the amount hours I can work. Over the past 2 years I have had do less mechanical work because of both my ban and the illness. I tried my best to find ways around this but finding other work I was able to perform after being self employed, banned, suffering with an arthritic condition and in the motor trade for so long proved impossible. I continued with the help of my partner and family helping with the driving but could not produce a decent income this way.

My partner returned to work at the beginning of the year but has since damaged ligaments in her arm and is awaiting news of an operation so is also now on basic sick pay until further notice.

We have 3 children, in 2 different schools and are currently relying on grandparents in their 60s & 70s to help out with the travel as I can't walk far enough to use public transport to go back and fourth all the schools and Sara has great difficulty driving.

We are now struggling financially because we just can't earn enough to support ourselves, we own a house that is mortgaged also and I am not in receipt of any benefits and was turned down PIP last month.

I have tried insuring my van and employing another driver but the cost was over £4000 which I just cannot afford.

Getting my licence back would allow me to continue working, assisting with my partners mobility, my mobility and independence, children's schooling to name but a few things!

Can anyone advise on this?

Your grounds to apply seem solid and are potentially the right sort of grounds to help convince the court to remove your ban early. The court will also consider the background to the disqualification and matters such as the seriousness of the offence or how many previous convictions there may be are to be considered by the court. If you were given a 36 month ban because this was your second conviction within the preceding 10 years then the court can sometimes be more reluctant to remove the ban early given that a 36 month ban in mandatory in those circumstances. This does not mean that it is not possible and many courts may feel that this is less important.

The application would need to be before the magistrates' court where the original ban was imposed and you will also need to put the police on notice of your application as they have a right to make representations. The hearing itself can be supported by any evidence that you might wish to rely on to give more credibility to your arguments.

You can do this in person but I would recommend employing a solicitor if you are in a position to. The process can be assisted by having proper support and having prepared fully and appropriately prior to any court date.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply. Further to what you've mentioned, This is the only ban I have received in a ten year period, at the time of the ban I was going through a very difficult break up, had to move out of the family home and had lost my main contract for work months prior. Driving was my life for work and it has dramatically effected life for the whole family. I called a few solicitors but a few snubbed their noses without knowing the facts, if you think you can help get in contact.

PS today marks 2 years to the day so i'm ready to move!

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail please contact one of our team directly on 0333 323 3734.

Given that 2 years are now up we can take steps as soon as possible to move the matter forward.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off