Extremely unusual case please help..

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mad Matt

Good Morning

I was convicted in around 1993 for drink driving and dangerous driving, subsequently i lost my licence and was ordered to resit my driving test. I didn't and was again caught drink driving in 2001 and further banned for 3 years a Manchester Crown court. Sadly and foolishly i continued to driving without re-siting my test and was again caught drink driving in about 2004/5 and again banned for 3 years but also ordered to pass a medical before applying for a driving licence. These were the very stupid years of my life..

In 2007 in attended a medical and passed, i also attended a 3 day alcohol awareness course which allowed me to apply early for my licence. I then did my full driving test and passed first time with flying colours. I have now been driving ever since, 10 years without any motoring offences and i haven't touched a drop of alcohol for over 5 years.

In February this year i started a new job, best paying job i have ever had and i love it, however the job requires a full clean driving licence which must have been held for at least 2 years, which i have. My employer asked if i was eligible to tow which i wasn't but someone had informed me that DVLA should have post dated my full driving licence back to when i originally passed my driving test. So silly me sends an email to DVLA asking if this was true and could it be updated to which they replied Yes just send my licence back and they would update it.

However after weeks of waiting for my new updated licence to return and many emails to DVLA i had no choice but to complain to their customer complaints department, they said it was in hand and i would receive my new licence soon. Last week i received the most horrifying letter from DVLA possible. It states that in 2001 i was not only banned for 3 years but also ordered to resit an Extended driving test???? News to me, I've never even heard of an extended driving test. So i phoned the lady at DVLA dealing with my case and asked what was going on. I asked if i could see the Judges sentence of an extended driving test, to which she replied, she doesn't have it as all the court records have been lost or destroyed so they have relied upon the police for their records.. I asked how it could be possible that I've been allowed to drive for 10 years and surely this can't be right either legally or morally not forgetting the fact that my job is dependent on my driving licence. Sadly she said theres nothing more to say on the matter and nothing i could do but to start the process of doing my licence all over again but this time doing the extended test and all that that requires...

Please please tell me that this isn't the case, my boss has allowed me a short period to sort this out before he lets me go...

Thank you for any advice....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off