Dd, blew 66, precious caution

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shaz Ram

Hey Sean. So stupidly I Dd, and was pulled up by police and blew a 65ug. Dumb me for sure, and I'll take it on the chin and plan on pleading guilty at court.

Im hoping to use the duty solicitor on the day, but I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have a previous caution for being drunk and disorderly back in my youth (when I was 21). It is spent, and has never come up before.

I'm worried it may affect the sentencing and also worried that it may be mentioned in court. I'm married, and my husband doesn't know. I really don't want to have him hear about it for obvious reasons.

Would it be any cause for concern? Could it impact the sentencing guidelines?

I was caught having drove short distance (just over a mile) and it was a very quiet part of day so assuming mitigating circumstances. No accidents etc and a clean license otherwise.

Shaz

A reading of 65µg puts you in the second sentencing bracket. This means a ban of between 17 and 22 months. The previous drunk and disorderly caution will not have any impact on the penalty in this case.

You will also have to pay a fine that will be calculated based on your income. You should be given 33% credit applied to the fine based on entering a guilty plea at the earliest opportunity. You will also be very likely to have the chance of completing the drink driving rehabilitation course which will reduce your ban by up to 25% on successful completion.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off