Help needed got caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

johnsmith111

I was leaving a party on the 10th December, I had drank two or three drinks. After having an argument with a friend at the party I decided to drive home, when the initial plan was to spend the night and go home when I didn't have alcohol in my system.

Upon driving home, I hit a car at the traffic light, there was a driver and no passengers, and nobody was hurt. However my car and his car were both written off.

I was breathalysed at the scene, and then taken to the station where I was breathalysed again and the figure on the reading said 77. I was kept in a cell till 10am the next morning and told to come back at a later date for charging because the arresting officer and the other person involved in the crash hadn't provided statements.

I was only breathalysed, no urine or blood samples were taken, I didn't receive any medical attention at the scene despite complaining of chest and wrist pains (the other driver was seen to).

I am extremely stressed out, terrified of facing a custodial sentence, and just need some advice on what to do and what to expect. I don't have a criminal record, no previous drink driving convictions and a clean license which I have held for 8 years.

Please help!

The guideline sentence for 77mg in breath is a band C fine and 17-22 month ban. The fact there was an accident is an aggravating factor which can increase the punishment but given your previous good character then a prison sentence is unlikely.
Getting a solicitor will help keep your punishment to the minimum and relieve your anxiety.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off