Drink driving offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Maria 777

On the 17th December at 1.15 I was arrested for failing breathalyser at station, reaching 61. I spent 8 hours in a cell, followed by the official charge and release with a court date. Is there any advice I need or should know prior to attending this court date?

At 61mg in breath you have just moved into the second sentencing bracket which the guidelines suggest should attract a Band C fine and disqualification for 17-22 months.

You are entitled to legal representation but legal aid may not be available. If you would like help arranging this then feel free to call our drink driving experts on 03333 233730

What is the likely amount on the fine? I'm not sure it's worth having representation, rather just get my charges and leave. Is that foolish?

A band C fine means that you are likely to receive a fine of between 125% and 175% of your "relevant weekly income" with the starting point being 150% of your relevant weekly income.

There is more information about the calculation of fines here.

Thank you for your help, is there anyway I can calculate the exact amount. Is it 150% of 1 weeks pay or a full month or...

It's 125% to 175% of your relevant weeklyincome. That means of your income after tax and NI. If you follow the link in my previous post it will provide more detailed information. Please note that these are only guidelines.

Apologies for my ignorance, I'm struggling to understand what's considered relevant? Will they calculate 150% of 1 weeks pay and that's my fine or is the total of 4 weeks?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off