International driver caught DD and no insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

vrenz

Hi there,

Heres my situation, i was having drinks with a friend when I decided to go to the local supermarket to get something to eat at around 12:30, as i was coming back from the shop the tyre supposedly screeched around the round about. The arrested me in front of my house while i was unlocking the door and didnt test me roadside. I admitted straight away i was over and was very polite and compliant. Did everything they asked of me and blew 73. I am 21 years of age and driving on a Australian license as i am her playing rugby, I have a young family and my partner is fully dependent on me driving. The car i was also driving did not have insurance as I just moved here and didnt know insurance was compulsory. Also the rugby club said they were going to sort it out so i thought it was fine to drive. I also do alot of community work with local clubs and kids and I am enrolling in the rehab course before the court date to show that i am implementing steps in my rehabilitation. I am very scared about going to court and knowing I am going to get charged with some sort of fine worries me as I am the only one that works. I need some advice on how to approach this.

Kindest regards.

For clarification, a first offence with a reading of 73 in breath will attract between a 17 and 22 month disqualification from driving. You are correct in saying that you will also be sentence to a fine but the amount will depend on your level of income. The Court are also normally quite amenable to allowing people time to pay the fine and accepting this in monthly instalments.

In respect of your mitigation, you can explain to the Court the impact that both the disqualification and fine are likely to have on both you and your family. If this is likely to have any impact upon your work then you can also present this information to the Court. Character references can be used in support of the above information (e.g. a reference from your partner explaining the difficulties it will cause her) and can be provided by friends/family/co-workers.

For clarification, a first offence with a reading of 73 in breath will attract between a 17 and 22 month disqualification from driving. You are correct in saying that you will also be sentence to a fine but the amount will depend on your level of income. The Court are also normally quite amenable to allowing people time to pay the fine and accepting this in monthly instalments.

In respect of your mitigation, you can explain to the Court the impact that both the disqualification and fine are likely to have on both you and your family. If this is likely to have any impact upon your work then you can also present this information to the Court. Character references can be used in support of the above information (e.g. a reference from your partner explaining the difficulties it will cause her) and can be provided by friends/family/co-workers.

I can get some strong character references to back it up but how do you think I will go in being successful?

Thank you very much for your words above. It is a massive help to me, and gives me that little bit of hope.

Success in your mitigation will be determined by how severely the Court sentence you, with the mitigation mentioned above I would think that you have a good chance of keeping the sentence to the lower end of the guidelines.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off