I blew 47 next afternoon!! Need license for job, please help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Driftfan

Hello there, I hope your well and appreciate your time to read this. I went to a friends for a one off, barely a social life and rarely drink. I over did it abit and woke up at 12 midday, and waited til 3pm to feel alert after a coffee and toast. I had the day off but recieved a call so hopped in car but forgot my seatbelt. This is why I was pulled, not because of my driving, kept to limit (alittle slow in town centre) and parked up when the police were behind me. Fully cooperated and apologised and said I had drank the night before. I have had a clean license for several several years and have only just decome debt free finally. Losing my license would cause me to slump into deep depression at this fragile time. I work as a pizza delivery guy and need my job to pay mother as she is struggling and would ask me to leave without an income. I will use a good character reference and that I have in the past stopped my own mother from drink driving because it's an embarrassing and serious thing to do. Is there anyway in which I will be aloud to keep license and get a large fine and points??? And any other things to say to help my situation? Kind regards

I'm afraid that if you simply plead guilty to the offence then a disqualification is mandatory. Any special reasons for not disqualifying you can only apply to the circumstances of the offence, rather than your own personal circumstances. The fact that you were unaware you were over the limit is unfortunately not a defence or a special reasons for not imposing the disqualification.

For a first offence with a reading of 47 the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise the imposition of a 12-16 month disqualification and a Band C fine. You should also be offered the opportunity to attend the drink drive rehabilitation course which will reduce the length of the disqualification by up to 25% upon completion. You can present mitigation to the Court to try and keep any sentence down to the minimum end of the range and in this regard, the impact of any disqualification will certainly be relevant.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off