High drunk in charge reading

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jax08

Hi I have been charged with being drunk in charge. I don't recall the incident apart from a couple of blurred memories in back of police car- and blowing in breathalyser at station. My reading was 130. I have 3 points on licence for using mobile phone.
I am pleading guilty but will I be given opportunity to put forward any mitigation? And what sentence should I be looking at with that reading and no prior criminal convictions ?

For a reading of 130 in breath on a first offence the Magistrates sentencing guidelines advise the imposition of a 6-12 month disqualification and anything from a low level community order up to a 6 week custodial sentence. Typically the Court do not normally impose custodial sentence's for a first offence unless there is good reason to, however this cannot be ruled out.

You should also be aware that if you can demonstrate that there was no likelihood of you driving the vehicle whilst still over the limit, then this is a full defence to the charge. With a reading of 130 it would take some considerable time before you were below the limit and therefore fit to drive.

If you are interested in representation for the hearing then you are welcome to contact my department on 0333 999 7158.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off