Licence refusal - appeal

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shaun1976

Helllo

I lost my license 5 years ago and have not been able to get it back as I have not managed to stay off alcohol for over a year, (my requirments are that I am alcohol free for at least 12 months) this time though I have been clean for over 14 months but the DVLA have just again refused my licence saying medical information that they received advises the DVLA that I had 'physiatric problems' this is not correct and having spoken to my GP he confirms that. He has now writtent a letter to the DVLA saying that I am fit to drive. I called teh DVLA and they said it will take 10 weeks for them to look at my case again.

Is this correct?

Is there no way I can get them to look at this sooner based on them making a mistake?

Thank you

Yes the DVLA are notorious for taking an excessive amount of time to deal with correspondence. If you are concerned about the time frame I would advise sending a further letter through to them explaining that the only reason your licence has been refused is because of a mistake on their part and as such you would like your case to be reviewed at the earliest opportunity. You can also threaten to lodge a formal complaint if they are causing undue delay.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off