DVLA Medical - Please Advise

Convicted Driver Insurance

Matty

Hi

My licence was suspended 2 years ago due to me having an epileptic seizure which of course was not my fault. So my licence was suspended for 12 months, fair enough.

But because I was depressed, I use to drink a lot, so I told my doctor that I had a lot to drink last year, and he told the DVLA that!! He told them when they asked him about my epilepsy (which has now been fully controlled for 2 years).

I am fully entitled to have my licence back, I have never been pulled over and I have never had a drink and then driven a car!

But because of what my doctor told them about my drinking, they want a medical!

I have my medical on Monday, but I am worried, because I do drink about 30-40 units a week, just by going out with friends etc, and I am on medication for my seizures, so my liver results wont be good.

But I would never drink and drive, and my personal drinking habits are just that....personal!

I have not had a drink for 1.5 weeks as I have this medical coming up, will I get my licence back? I have always been a heavy drinker, but never when driving, so I feel this is totally unfair.

I also do not do illegal drugs.

If I do not get it back, can I appeal? Can I sue them? Can I sue my doctor?

Its taking ages, 8 months so far of trying to get my licence back!

Thanks

Matt

It's common to feel annoyed at the other side but they need t make sure that you will be a safe driver once back on the road, however they seem to be getting over cautious on some cases. Just cooperate fully for now and if you do not get the licence back then it's worth taking the matter to the magistrates court to ask them to review the decision. Good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off