Advice - URGENT

Convicted Driver Insurance

tom999

Hi, in Sepetember 2011 I recieved a court order of 80 hours unpaid work, 80£ fine and a 23 month driving ban (reduced to 18 if a course was taken). I am a student at University and I missed 2 occasions of unpaid work without evidence. I have now been told that I must go back to court on the 20th March. I only have 27 hours left of unpaid work. Could you please tell me what they could do at court? If i could contact someone to speak on the phone that would be helpful. Thanks a lot,

A lot will depend on the attitude of the probation service when they present the breach at court. When you are "breached" by probation in relation to a court order the court are required by law to increase the punishment in some way. This often includes the imposition of additional hours of unpaid work. However they could also ask the court to revoke the order completely, in which case you would re-sentenced for the original offence. This can include a prison sentence. If you are fortunate enough to persuade the court to allow the order to continue then it is vital you do not breach it a second time as the courts patience will only stretch so far.

You are welcome to speak to one of our advisors over the phone by calling 08450020736.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off