Early return of licence (S42)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Derek

I was banned for 3 years in 2009 but have a court hearing next month for the early return of my licence (S42). Not sure if I'll need a solicitor, and what osrt of things should I be saying, without being over the top?

In our experience you will stand a better prospect of success with such an application if you are legally represented. Furthermore, if you are unsuccessful you will be prevented from making a further application for 3 months. It is therefore important to do everything you can to get it right first time.

In considering the application the Court is required to have regard to the following:-

(a)the character of the person disqualified and his conduct subsequent to the order,
(b)the nature of the offence, and
(c)any other circumstances of the case,

In practice this means that the Court will likely want to hear evidence regarding the previous offence(s) which led to the disqualification, together with any other previous convictions. The Court will also need to be made aware of any mitigating or extenuating factors which warrant the early return of your license - for example domestic or work commitments.

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately for myself the fee I've been quoted is more than I can afford at present. I will try and prepare my case best I can in the meantime. Should I fail I will save the £1500-2000 needed to get legal help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off