Will my DD always be on my CRB check?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Catbowden

Hi there! I was wondering if you can help? I am wanting to teach in a public school in South Korea next year. However i dont know weather my criminal record will still come up on the CRB check that they will run. By the time i go 5 years will have passed since my conviction and will be classified as "spent". However could it still be there? Will it EVER go? I would really appreciate your help and advice on this. Thanks.
Cat x

A conviction for which you received a fine will be spent under the Rehabilition of Offenders Act after 5 years. However, when an enhanced CRB check is conducted the police will use some discetion in relation to spent convictions. For example, if the check is in connection with a job application working with the young or vulnerable then an enhanced CRB check will usually be requested and the police can choose to disclose convictions that may affect your suitability to do that job, depsite the fact the conviction is spent.

It is even possible that the police will disclose information about you that is held on the Police National Computer, even if it did not result in a conviction (for exampe if you were arrested but never cautioned or charged). This can sometimes cause problems for those innocent of any offence wrongly accused.

Hi Cat,I am trying to get a job as a teaching assistant and was convicted just 6 weeks ago.I applied for a job a month ago and disclosed my conviction as requested..I still got an interview for the job and they did not even mention it in the interview. Hope that goes some way to reassure you,i expect to have to disclose it for the rest of my life but dont think it will affect my chances too much.Good luck

Thanks to both of you for your input, really appreciate your time.
Seon, you confirmed my suspicions. Does this mean that i can NEVER work with children? Or i guess it would be at the employers discretion? South Korea doesn´t grant a visa to anyone that has anything at all on their criminal record you see.
Thanks again.
Cat

Yes, it will be at the employer's discretion. You haven't said what offence you were convicted for. Certain types of offences will clearly render you unsuitable for teaching (particularly teaching children) and others will clearly have no impact on your suitability. Some offences may reduce in significance over time and others will always count against you (the more serious ones).

Oh sorry, i got convicted of drink driving and was 2.5 times over the limit. I lost my licence and got banned for 20 months which was reduced to 15 months because i went on a drink driving course. Will that type of conviction show up?
Thanks very much
Cat

If you received a fine then the conviction will be revealed by a basic CRB check for 5 years. On an enhanced CRB check it will be at the discretion of the CRB, depending on the identity of the "umbrella body" requesting the information. If it was disclosed then it's relevance will be at the discretion of your potential employer. Sorry to be vague but there are no hard and fast rules.

Ok thanks for that, really appreciate your help. One more question: If i get a CRB check now (i.e my conviction is still not classed as spent) then i know it will come up. However someone told me that if i get a CRB check from a different area to which i was convicted in, then it wont come up? I know i need to get a "subject access" form from from my local police station to do this and as my local police station is 200 miles from the place i was convicted in, then will it still show?
Thanks very much
Cat

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off